Saturday 7 May 2011

Card for My Daughter - Nicola


This is a card for my daughter, Nicola's birthday. Nicola is expecting her 2nd daughter at the end of June and I wanted to make a special card for her.

I've used all elements from Double Sprinkles of Kraft by Polkadoodles for this card.  The tree stump, toadstools, flowers and the gorgeous girl graphic have been decoupaged to give some dimension.

The lovely turquoise backing paper is from a local craft shop and has glistening random lines all over which do show up on the pic, I've used  my cuttlebug to make the oval and computer generated the wording.  Added a little pearl to the i in Nicola and some glamour dust.

I've added some lovely paper flowers by Fizzy Moon, layered them and added little pearls to the centre of each.  A nice sheer white bow to the top left, with a little silver heart charm, glamour dusted here and there and I'm really pleased with the result.

The pic on the left shows the decoupage close-up which adds depth to the card.