Monday 9 May 2011

Art Deco Glamour


 This gorgeous glamourous Art Deco lady is taken from a cd I've had for a while but haven't used very much at all . . . Debbie Moore's Art Deco Christmas (not strictly for Christmas tho).  There's some gorgeous ladies on the disc, all dressed in a similar way to this one.

I chose this particular lady as the colours are fabulous, and they turn out exactly as they should be on printing from my printer.

I made up the card as a large slightly narrower than A4 but A4 in height (image can be printed as small as you like) as it was requested to be a large card by a customer.

It is printed onto white linen cardstock and I've added a punched border to the outer edge and threaded it through with silver ribbon.  I've not done this before but am very pleased with the result - I think it works very well with this card.  I printed out the same lady to use as decoupage but printed this time onto super smooth card and it really makes a difference for the finish on the dress.  I took quite a while to add diamond sparkles to the head dress and the trimmings on the dress to make it look like they are hundreds of tiny jewels (I think it works).  Also I picked out some detail on the dress with the diamond sparkles to add some shimmer to the flow of the dress.
The pic on the left shows close-up of the jewel detail on the graphic really well.  The band around the hat looks so sparkly.

I've added a simple white circle cut with a nestie and a computer generated sentiment topped with a lovely sheer white double bow. 

I am delighted with the finished result of this card and hope my customer will be also.