Saturday 2 April 2011

Hoorah . . . back in business with blogging


Phew, I've not been having any luck the past 3days with posting pics of my cards but hey, seems to be working now, don't know what problem was but so pleased it appears to be sorted now. So here goes.



I've had my birthday yesterday and got some lovely crafty goodies from my family (cos they know what I like:) One of my pressies is the new Polkadoodles CD Rom Double Sprinkles of Kraft and I actually made a card for my little grandson Warren to write for his Nannie.


I printed off the log image onto white linen cardstock and trimmed to landscape DL size. I've used the PNG letters to add "nan" to the top of the log and using "wordart" added a curved Happy Birthday around the tallest toadstool.




I printed off another image including the flowers and toadstools, then decoupaged these onto the card to add some needed dimension. I also cut out some little ladybirds and dotted them about on foam pads. The bees I wanted to do something different with, so I made some little springs by winding fine wire round a kitchen skewer to make springs, used glue gel to stick two sides of each bee together and attach to end of spring. The other end of spring I inserted into the foam pads behind the decoupaged graphic, resulting in bees looking like they are hovering over the flowers . . . I'm delighted with the effect this gives and it works brilliantly with this graphic.



I don't know if it shows up too well on these pics, but I also had a play with another of my pressies - a heat tool, so I used gold embossing powder to highlight elements of the graphic, which gives a lovely finish to this little card.


I must say that the graphics and kraft papers on this new Polkadoodles CD are just brilliant, such lovely colours and the papers look like they are textured.


I will be certainly enjoy playing with this cd more in the next few days so look out for some more new cards being posted.