Wednesday 2 March 2011

"Red Card"

This picture really doesn't do this card justice at all ....... it looks more orange in the pic than the lovely cherry red it actually is.  I've made it up from Polkadoodles Sundae of Seasons cd rom (spring section).  I thought it would make a lovely birthday card for an April (showers) birthday.  I've used some lovely cherry red card from The Papermill Shop, printed off a lovely red polka dot paper from the cd, along with the little red wellies and cute red umbrella.

The lovely red ribbon was a cheap buy from Hobbycraft (3 rolls, red, green and gold) for 29p.  I've added silver peel-off trim to the matting and layering to finish off the edges (I think this adds dimension).  As usual, I've clear varnished the trimmings to give a lovely sheen.  Unusual for me though with this card, I've not added any glamour dust as I didn't think it was needed.