Monday 21 March 2011

Keepsake Box For Steph



This is the second of my treasure boxes (I've got another two, at least) I've got to make.  This is for my youngest daughter, Stephanie.  Unlike the first one, I've made the frame as a run-out (slightly bigger than the box front), this gives me more space to play with for adding graphics etc.
I've used the frame (adjusted colour to suit) from theclipartfairy, double layered to add depth, the lettering is from Polkadoodles Sugar Birdies Collectors Edition, as is the flowers and sentiment (to which I added the wording).
I've added a little wooden butterfly (from my stash) to the sentiment. It has a lovely antique gilded finish that doesn't show up that well on the pic.

And to the centre of the flowers, I've added some little antique pearl brads.  I've sprayed all with Crafters Companion Spray and Shine (instead of using nailvarnish), it gives a lovely sheen to decoupage and is easier to apply than varnish, just two sprays (15minutes apart) and it dries in half an hour.  I am very pleased with the finished result and hope Stephanie will be too.