Friday 18 February 2011

Elizabeth's Owlhouse

Just thought I'd post this little "owlhouse" that my lovely granddaughter, Elizabeth has made with me this morning.  I found a template for the 3D birdhouse as a freebie on the internet (sorry but can't remember where!!!) Elizabeth (and I) both love owls so we used the backing paper from the clipart fairy for the actual box and the Owl from a kit from the clipart fairy also.  The owl on the front is stuck onto a cocktail stick which is poked through the house and secured with some fine wire.

We have attached a length of very fine wire to the roof so's it can hang from somewhere in Elizabeth's room.  You could also make the house up and fill with little bird treats and give to someone as a present for the birds in their garden (That's what the original template was being shown as.)

Hope you like it, we think it's cute............. this will be something we will be using trying out different papers and hopefully different little birds too.