Monday 16 August 2010

Oval Birthday for Mum

This is a card I made for Mum, using the frills and frames cd from The clip art fairy.  I used
a flower graphic from the disc and cut it out several times go give me enough to build up
for a nice embellishment.  I used clear nail varnish (I find this better than the decoupage
glue as it doesn't make the colour run) on the flowers to give a lovely glossy shine.

I didn't photograph the inside of the card, but what you do is, make a little concertina of card about 1" wide and 3" long.  You fold this to make a concertina and use double sided tape to attach to front and back of the card, this allows the card to stand up.
I attached a little tag with Mum and a little flower graphic, using a little flower brad.
I have made several of these cards in different colours, including an extra large one with a graphic for a new baby.